Five Questions About Facial Fat Transfer
Since the early 1990’s, facial fat transfer has taken the world by storm. It’s a procedure that utilizes a person’s very own fat to fill in irregularities, such as wrinkles or deep groves. The results are long-lasting, and can often times be considered permanent. Below are five questions and answers about facial fat transfer so you can decide on whether or not the procedure is right for you.
1. How does it work? Dr. Quereshy, using liposuction, will very gently pull fat from a donor site on the body– typically from the buttocks, abdomen, or even thighs. After the fat is extracted and purified, he will then place the fat into areas of the face that lack volume.
2. Is it safe? Short answer—yes. Because of how safe it is and how great the results have been, an increasing number of plastic surgeons and patients alike have been opting for fat grafting instead of fillers. By using your own fat, opposed to fillers, you’re reducing the chance of any allergic reactions.
3. What can I use facial fat transfer for? The most common use for facial fat transfer is for aesthetic enhancement. Popular areas of treatment include things like cheekbones, corners around the mouth, wrinkles, and even lips. The transferred fat essentially smooths out and plumps all types of irregularities—giving you the perfect look, without undergoing any surgery.
4. What is the recovery like? Recover is fairly easy. There may be some initial bruising and swelling that usually diminishes in a few days, however sometimes it can take 2-4 weeks to completely resolve. Nothing a little makeup can’t fix! Most patients report being back to work within a week of the procedure. Following the procedure, it’s very important that you try to keep your face as still as possible, as sometimes too much movement can diminish the results.
5. How are the results? Results will vary. Sometimes, bodies re-absorb some of the fat and you may need additional treatments to reach the results you desire. However, most people have a successful transfer and enjoy their results and new youthful appearance for the years to come!
If you have questions about facial fat transfer, or want to know if you’re eligible, don’t hesitate to give our office a call at Visage Surgical Institute Medina Phone Number 330-721-2323!
Comments are closed.